Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Weigh in Wednesday #2

Welcome to Wednesday and the 2nd installment of my "Weigh In" series. If you are curious, you can find #1 here.

All this internal focus on weight got me started thinking about how I have always perceived myself. I can't remember ever thinking that I wasn't overweight. Even when I think of myself as a child, I picture a fat kid. But that isn't really a true image. I wasn't "fat". I was just your average kid, not too skinny and not too fat. So, where did this distorted self image come from? I can't recall anyone in my life (parents, siblings, friends) ever saying or doing anything that would have put this idea in my head. And it seems too simple to blame "society". It is something I will have to give more thought to.

Anyway, enough of that for now! On to our current numbers! 

Current Weight: 255.8lbs
Fasting blood sugar: 99

I am very proud of my fasting blood sugar, though I think it is a fluke. I have NEVER had a number that low. Even so, I am happy to claim it. As to my weight, well, I can't say I am over the moon about it, but it is a decrease from last Wednesday so I can't complain too much. I knew this was going to be a slow process, not an overnight one. Actually, I had managed to get down to 254 and stay there almost the entire 3 day weekend, but by Tuesday morning I had crept up to to 256. So the fact that I made it down to 255 isn't so bad. (I am trying to stay positive here!)

That's all for now. I have to wrap this up and do a little walking before work! Have a great day and remember that no matter how you see yourself, God sees you with more depth and clarity and loves everything He sees.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!