Tuesday, November 12, 2013

What are you reading?

I love to read. I think we have covered this in earlier posts, right?!?

 Right now I am finishing up "Allegiant" by Veronica Roth. This is the 3rd book in the series that began with "Divergent". I am going to miss these characters when I am done. They are interesting and complex, a great mixture of fragility and strength, of anger and love. In other words, very real. I have enjoyed this peek into a world so different from my own very much, it is so different and yet the humanity of it is so much the same. For example, I found the following passage really spoke to my heart about my own relationship.

"I used to think that when people fell in love, they just landed where they landed, and they had no choice in the matter afterward. And maybe that's true of beginnings, but it's not true of this, now."

"I fell in love with him. But I don't stay with him by default as if there's no one else available to me. I stay with him because I choose to, every day that I wake up, every day that we fight or lie to each other or disappoint each other. I choose him over and over again, and he chooses me."

I choose him and he chooses me. Every day. Over and over again. Not because we don't have other choices available to us, but because those choices pale in comparison to what who we already have. I can't imagine my life without him in it. Plain and simple. He is perfect for me. I love him.

Don't you just love those moments when a story speaks the words hidden deep in your heart, words you didn't even realize were there until you read them?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!