Thursday, November 8, 2012

It's Thursday and I'm thankful.......

I was really kind of worried about today's post because I was really NOT feeling it this morning. If you saw yesterday's entry, you probably figured out that all the post election drama on Facebook and Twitter (and some of the blogs I read) really got to me. Not to mention I have been really tired, like slap you for looking at me wrong tired, so I wasn't feeling very patient or forgiving.




When I got in my car to head to work God and I had a talk. It went something like this:

Me: Heads up Lord, I really am not in the mood for this today so you are gonna have to do something. I am not going to get through this day without your intervention.
God:......................
Me: You hear me right? I need my job, so a "F.A.Y." moment (if you have ever worked with me you probably know what this is, it's legendary. If not, well let's just say it's not one of my finer moments) is not acceptable. You HAVE to do something, because I am too tired to keep my mouth shut.
God:......................
Me: Seriously, I need your help to find my joy, to be able to be your representative in that place. And not kill people.
God:......................
Me: okay, balls in your court now.....Amen

Once I got to work I logged on to Twitter reluctantly, and was glad to see that most of the drama has died down (thank you Lord!). On a whim I tweeted something to a group I follow called "People of the Second Chance":


I am seeking inspiration to get me through this day. Got anything for me?

Honestly, I really wasn't expecting a response. I mean, who am I? I barely have a dozen followers on Twitter and at least 4 of them are personal friends that I am sure haven't been on Twitter in at least the last 3 years. Why would a perfect stranger pay any attention to my one little tweet among many others?

Now, let's refer back to my earlier conversation with God. I made it seem he wasn't listening, didn't I? That would be because in my mind I wasn't really sure he was. I mean, it wasn't an "official" prayer after all. More like a rant aimed in his general direction.

Turns out though, he was listening. And he tweets. Okay, maybe HE doesn't tweet, but he does direct people who do. Here are a few:

just the fact that you would ask is awesome!! YOU'VE inspired ME!! Praying grace and peace to you today. 

  this is full of inspiration: & the stories on are ammmaaazzzinnng. We love you! 


"As you put actions behind your prayers, your faith comes alive and opens the door for God to move mightily on your behalf."


This one is my favorite because it took me to a great blog that I will be adding to my reading list. And it included this great picture:  


This brings back so many happy memories of my great grandmother. This very print hung on the wall in her home. It's like a hug straight from God.

So, today I am thankful for my God, who listens to my 1/2 prayer 1/2 rants with complete attention and meets my needs in a beautiful and unique way. And I am thankful for the strangers who are willing to follow the His leading to reach out and inspire a perfect stranger.  

4 comments:

  1. I love when answers come in unusual shapes. Thank you for reminding me on the importance of listening for answers.

    I can't seem to get your blog to recognize my openid, so I am signing in with my google account, but I am actually over here at
    http://rennatatropeano.com/growingunique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU Rennata, for taking the time to stop by! :)

      Delete
  2. I heard it said that prayers are rarely answered when we are on ours knees. We must get up and starting doing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very true in a lot of circumstances. God helps those who are trying to help themselves! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!