Friday, October 19, 2012

Healing and prayer

I have this friend, a beautiful, kind, witty woman who is full of faith in God and a blessing to everyone she knows. And she has cancer. Very aggressive, very deadly cancer. Recently her doctor gave her a prognosis that was not good.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think that doctors need to be honest. And that knowing the worst can help you to prepare, to consider what your legacy will be to the ones you leave behind. It can be a blessing that can help you reach out to those you love and find peace.

But I think it could also build a wall of fear and acceptance of a future that God may not have planned for you. Let me be really clear here....

I believe in healing. I believe that even today God is all powerful and a miracle working God. And I believe very strongly that we must ask for our miracles. We are called to ask, to speak our requests to our Father, to lay our burdens down and then claim our miracle. And keep claiming it over and over until we either receive it or receive a word in our spirit that guides us in a new direction. Because, let's face it, bad things happen to good people and sometimes the answer is no.

But until God speaks that "no" into our spirits, I believe we have an obligation to claim our "YES".

As to my friend, I got a text today that her numbers are improving, and I am praising God for his grace. And I will continue to lift her up every day until the answer comes. Because I am believing whole heartedly for a wildly enthusiastic YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!