Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sing a new song

Tuesday, May 21, 2013
When was the last time you did something that made you uncomfortable but was ultimately worth fighting through those feelings?

This would have to be when I volunteered to sing in my church's praise and worship group. As usual I volunteered without giving it much thought. I just wanted to help, but honestly I never expected anyone would take me seriously. Guess what? They did. Before I knew it I was on stage with a microphone in my hand.

At first I was so anxious I could barely whisper out a note. My anxiety was kicking in big time! But I stuck it out for my Pastor. It's been about 8 months now and I am finally starting to feel a little more comfortable on stage. I'm not sure I will ever be 100% comfortable but it is getting better. And yes, it is worth it. The fear and doubt and insecurity that is the root of my anxiety cannot compare with the simple joy of true praise and worship. And I have been blessed in that once the music starts all that negative stuff starts to fade into the background. If I keep my eyes and my heart focused on Him then I can forget that I am being watched by human eyes and possibly judged by human hearts. None of that really matters, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!