Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pressure makes diamonds...but it also makes mistakes

Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Do you do your best work when you're feeling comfortable or when you're feeling a little uncertain?

So, last night I wrote a post around this writing prompt, but this morning when I opened the page to give it a final check I realized that the only thing I liked about it was the title. I think that pretty much sums it up. I tend to put a lot of pressure on myself by procrastinating, and usually I end up with a good finished product. But could it be better? If I removed some of the pressure and uncertainty by actually focusing on the task instead of avoiding it, what could I accomplish? Given my nature I'm afraid we may never know!

This is Sassy, she is keeping me company this morning while I write.

______________________________________

Before I go I wanted to ask you to pray for the families and communities that have been devastated by tornadoes and other severe weather this week. Last night we were surrounded by severe weather and as I sat in my little trailer listening to the thunder and rain I couldn't help but think of all those people who have lost so much. My heart goes out to them and I pray that God will bring them through this terrible time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!