Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Us versus Them

To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Colossians 1:27


Did you know them is US? And we are THEM? Sometimes it is easy to lose sight of that, to let our focus narrow into a definite US versus THEM view of the world.

I have an introvert living inside me. She wants to hide, to stay in her safe comfortable little shell. There is nothing really wrong with being somewhat introverted. The problem comes when I become so inwardly turned that I stop connecting to the people around me. Gradually I start to think of everyone as "them". And "they" are always somehow the enemy. "They" mistreat me, neglect me, ignore me, don't understand me. "They" are bad. But they really aren't. They are just people. Perhaps the true enemy lives inside me. Fear and doubt are the true enemies. As a Christian I have the power to drive out that enemy, but somehow it finds a way to sneak back in, dividing me from the world.

 God doesn’t call us to live divided lives, to have divided hearts. He calls us to live the hope and the glory that is Christ in us. We are called to reflect that hope to the world, not hold it so close to our hearts that no one can even catch a glimpse.




I needed that reminder, maybe you do to. Be blessed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!