Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday thoughts and pictures

This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength" Isaiah 30:15

I have heard  this scripture many times through the years and it has always spoken to my spirit. Repent and rest in God's forgiveness, be quiet and trust. Like so many other people, this is something I struggle with. My life is so full of noise, so busy, so distracting. It often times seems impossible to find that quiet place I need so desperately to reconnect with my Father and renew my spirit. But nothing good comes without sacrifice. So I need to work at it, to sacrifice to find that time alone with God.

I found this little gem of a poem during some of my quiet time this week. A Quiet Heart is a lovely piece I found at CHRISTian Poetry By Deborah Ann. Deborah writes beautifully simple prose that resonate in my heart (which says a lot since I am not a huge fan of poetry). Go check her out, you won't be disappointed.

That leads me to my next gem I found. This one is over at Titus 2 Tea and is titled "Awake In Prison". As always, Karen's words inspire me. Here is just a taste: "The Bible is true. God is real. Jesus is alive. He is awake. Every day He is walking with me on my journey over uncharted paths. And I would choose to sleep through such an adventure?" Yeah, why would I? :)

___________________________________________________________

Yesterday I spent some time out in the yard with my flowers (no, I haven't killed them yet) and the hubby and I re-potted several seedlings (his project). I took a ton of pictures. Wanna take a look?

This one is coming back from last year, I have no idea what it is!

I just point and shoot. Sometimes the results are pretty good.

A new Gerber Daisy is coming up


Hubby's Holli-hocks

He has a gentle hand with these babies

All lined up

Can't wait to see how he grows up :)

pretty pretty!

so lovely!

Well, that's it for today. I hope your weekend was as relaxing and beautiful as mine was and that you have a week full of blessings. :)







4 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen's words are short and effective (right to the point) and so true. I will check out the other link as well. i can't believe how many flowers you have (it snowed here yesterday!) We are supposed to get more snow tomorrow..ugh. I can't wait to see ANY thing popping up in the yard. I recall visiting in TX and seeing Hollyhocks for my first time. I tried growing them here but nothing took! I guess I will have to go south to see them! Enjoy your week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you will still be enjoying spring like weather when we have traveled into the triple digits (by June most likely) and all my flowers are gone. It's a trade off. If out Holli-hocks make it to blooming I'll get some pictures for you! :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!