- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their site.
- Add The Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
- Nominate 7 fellow bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and include a link to their site.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
- Share 7 random facts about you.
Step 1: Thank you so much Rhye! I have been struggling so much lately and this little award was a great pick me up, and your comment on why you chose me was so sweet. I can't tell you how much this seemingly simple little gift has helped my mood! :) Now, for the rest of you, click the link above and go check out Rhye's blog!
Step 2: I am supposed to add the picture to my post. I did that above, but I can't help myself sometimes and I was playing around with my Textgram app today and made a new picture (or 2) for the award. What do you think??
Now, the hard part, Nominate 7 other bloggers. How do I choose?? I guess I just have to dive right into my reading list!
- Cathy at Cathy's Voice Now. Cathy is my hero! She is a 61 year old college student and proud of it! Her blog is about life in her world and facing the challenges life throws her way.
- Beckey at My Really, Real Reality. Beckey describes herself like this: A Child of God, wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, avid reader, crocheter, blogger. I enjoy the glimpses into her corner of the world very much.
- Carrie at Daily Musings. Carrie also writes a lot from the Christian perspective. I appreciate blogs like hers that remind me that I am not alone on this journey of faith and that we can still be real people with real problems. We don't have to be cookie cutter Christians, we can ourselves.
- Winnie at Winnie's Inky Fingers. Winnie is crafty like I wish I could be! She makes the most adorable cards and I look forward to each new post to see what she has created!
- Slimgreen at well....Slimegreen. Slimegreen (hopefully not her real name!) is funny and quirky and makes me laugh. I only recently started reading her blog, but she has never failed to make me smile!
- Not Fainthearted at This Journey. N.F.H. (also not her real name!) writes beautiful posts about her faith journey and about life. She encourages me. And she "keeps it real". Life isn't always sunshine and roses, ya know.
- Violet at My Purple Dreams. Violet was just awarded a Liebster, so she may be suffering award burnout, but I had to include her. She is one of my favorite bloggers. I really feel a connection to her and her struggle to reach for her dreams. Also, we share a fascination with quotes! :)
Okay, that's my list. I could have added more. There are so many blogs out there that inspire me, inform me, humor me, and in general interest me. The world is vast and beautiful and blogs give me a chance to peek into different corners of it anytime I want.
Now I have to give you 7 random facts about myself:
- I collect stuffed animals. Yes, I am 41 years old and have stuffed animals in my bedroom (the hubby is very tolerant, even built me shelves for them). They make me smile!
- I also collect photos. Family photos, nature photos, old photos, new photos, photos of random people and places. I am fascinated with photos.
- I met my hubby when we were both 11 years old. And I fell in love at first sight. So, I have been in love with this man for 30 years. And each day I swear I learn something new about him. I hope that never stops.
- It has been almost 1 year since my Grandmother passed away. I miss her so much. She was more than just my grandmother, the matriarch of our family, she was my friend.
- On my 39th birthday I broke my arm on an ill advised bike ride.
- I am running out of facts and asked my hubby. He says to include these: I'm a little flighty, I have a good sense of humor, I am extremely caring, honorable, and loving.
- I married the perfect man for me. And I couldn't feel more loved.
Okay! I am done! I think that this is the longest blog I have written in a while. It feels good. I think I am getting better. :)