Monday, December 10, 2012

Liebster Award, part 1

I told you yesterday about winning this:
source
If you missed it, you can read more about the award here.

Anyway, I thought the best place to start fulfilling my Liebster obligations would be by listing the questions and tackling a few. Here's the list from Larissa at Papa is a Preacher:

The Chosen Questions: 
1. A childhood memory.
2. One of your biggest fears.
3. Something you wish you knew at 18.
4. Five things you cannot leave the house without.
5. Favorite U.S. President. Why?
6. Something on your bucket-list. (Or simply something you really want to do someday.)
7. Polkadots, stripes or chevron? 
8. A place you think everyone should visit!
9. If you could change one thing about 2012, what would it be?
10. Something you like about yourself.
11. Sunset or sunrise?

Here's my plan:
  • Monday (today) I will answer questions 1-5
  • Tuesday I will answer 6-11
  • Wednesday I will share 5 facts about myself
  • Thursday I will share 6 more, for a total of 11
  • Friday I will give my list of nominees for the award (this gives me all week to procrastinate over who to choose)
So, let's get started!

  1.  A childhood memory. This one is harder than you might think. First of all, I have a terrible memory. Especially concerning my childhood. My hubby remembers everything, which is a source of endless fascination for me. I guess one of my favorite memories is my mom reading to me from one of the many "Raggedy Ann" books I had. I think I had the whole series, and I loved to listen to her read them. 
  2. One of your biggest fears. Failure. Everyone says that, I guess. For me it's more about failing God or my family. 
  3. Something you wish you knew at 18. Life is hard. So much harder than I ever imagined. And worth every minute. Cherish your family and friends. (2 things, I know, but both so important).
  4. Five things you cannot leave the house without. My mp3 player, cellphone, keys, wallet, & glucose monitor. That will get me through any work day. On the weekends I try not to leave the house, but if I do I generally only need my wallet, keys, cellphone, and husband! :-)
  5. Favorite U.S. President. Why? I cheated on this. I asked my husband. He follows the history of our wonderful country much closer than me and I trust his judgement. He says Reagan and when asked why he says because he was tough when he needed to be and he successfully began the work with Russia to end the Cold War. 
Okay, that's it for today. Tomorrow  we will work on 6-11. See you then!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along! Your answers are great and I'm going to go check out Raggedy Ann now! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I highly recommend them. Such sweet, beautiful stories.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!