Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My favorite quotation (today)

This is actually NaBloPoMo writing prompt that I really liked but had not used yet. This is because I have trouble picking a favorite quote. I could probably write about a new quote everyday for a year and still have something to share.
I love words. Words of inspiration, words of comfort, peace; humorous words, words that make me think. My journal is full of quotations that I have picked up from Twitter and Facebook, from the Bible or whatever random book I happen to be reading. I have been know to pause the TV and back it up 1/2  a dozen times to get one of those quotes they use at the beginning and end of Criminal Minds episodes.I do the same thing with music. I will listen to the same song over and over just because a certain verse spoke to me (thank goodness for ear buds).

So to pick an absolute favorite is almost impossible. But I can give you a favorite. One that is attributed to one of my favorite authors, C.S. Lewis:

"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell"

This comforts me. Nothing I do, nothing that anyone does will change the essence of God. He is the same yesterday, today, tomorrow, and forever. No matter how crazy life is, no matter how overwhelming my day to day problems seem, no matter what I think, God is still God. And what even more amazing, He loves me. Through all my doubts and fears, through all my wanderings, He loves me. Why would I ever want to refuse Him, to live in that cell full of darkness? The God of all creation, the author and finisher of ALL things loves me.

Yeah, that comforts and inspires me. It fills my heart with joy. I hope it does the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!