Monday, September 3, 2012

Why?

Why am I doing this?


 I have never seen myself as a writer. I actually have a friend who is a published author, he writes fantasy novels and is quite good. I could never do that. So, why am I doing this?

I guess because I feel drawn to it. Sometimes when I see something or hear something I just feel the pull to write down how it feels to me. If something (or someone) inspires me, I want to make that moment last.

 Make it somehow permanent.

Sometimes, I sit at a computer keyboard and the words just pour out. Not always, in fact, not most of the time. But sometimes. And those times are incredible. I can't describe the wonder in reading something that you wrote and thinking, where did that come from?

Truth is, I know the answer...When people have commented on something I wrote I always say it was God. And it is. Because I know I have no talent in this direction. None at all. So when those moments come, I want to hang on to them with all I have in me, because I feel closer to Him at that moment than any other.

I guess that does answer my question....... :)


Thank you Lord, for directing my heart and mind, for giving me the thoughts and words that may touch another spirit and draw them into a closer relationship with you. Thank you for drawing me closer to you. This blog may never be read by another soul, and that's okay. Maybe this is all about you and me. I don't know where you are leading me, but I am going to do my best to follow and trust you. I know there will be times that I will stray from your path. Please, take my hand and lead me back to it with patience and purpose. I recognize that I need you, I am completely and totally dependent upon you. That dependence is a gift, help me to remember that. I love you Father, thank you for loving me.


1 comment:

  1. I too feel the same way Tamara. I have a friend who has told me many times I need to finish the story I started. She too is a published writer and could help me out immensely. Maybe I am scared, maybe God isn't ready for me to do that. Right now I will just enjoy the poetry that flows from my fingers whenever the time is right!~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!