Tuesday, October 29, 2013

More joy

All day yesterday I had one word on my mind, Joy. Choosing joy, that is what I did yesterday, and it worked! I made it through my day with a minimum of fuss and frustration. Mind you, I wasn't all over the top cheerful, but I did my best to keep a smile on my face and to pay attention to my surroundings.

For me, part of choosing joy is about connecting with the world around me, which is something I am not really good at. I tend to be an introvert, pulling into myself and disconnecting from my environment. Heck, I have lived in the same town for the last 30 years and I can't tell you any local gossip! Same with work, been there forever and I never know anything that is going on (which, truthfully, is usually for the best). But here's the thing about joy, you can't have it and not want to share it. If you have joy in your heart, it finds a way out. It wants to be shared!

All day long my mind kept drawing the connection between faithfulness and joy. Joy is an act of faith after all. It is our spirit saying that despite whatever we may face, we have confidence in our Savior and Father. We know that He will provide, that He is with us and will bring us through our trials. So today, once again I am choosing Joy. I choose joy because I do have faith, whatever this day holds God has already seen it and has arranged my way through it. Good day or bad, I am not alone in it. I have the master of all creation in my heart and by my side, how can I not be joyful??






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!