Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday morning

Good morning. Although frankly, I am not so sure yet. I am sitting here on my couch and all I want is to go back to bed. How can it be Monday already?? But the day awaits and I have places to go and people to see.

Today's devotional in "Jesus Calling" says "Accept each day just as it comes to you, remembering that I am sovereign in your life. Rejoice in this day that I have made, trusting that I am abundantly present in it. Instead of regretting or resenting the way things are, thank Me in all circumstances." Even on Monday's.

My friend Rennata over at Growing Unique posted a picture of a diary that belonged to her grandmother. It was a 5 year diary and in it every morning she had written "Morning Worship". Every single morning for 5 years. And I can't help but think if I could develop that habit my mornings would be so much more fulfilling. More often than not I find myself sitting here with a glass of tea or a Diet Dr. Pepper just sort of staring off into space or watching TV. Unfocused. That's me. But it doesn't have to be. I can change that, if I want it bad enough.


This is the day the Lord has made for me, I think I will rejoice and be glad in it!



1 comment:

  1. Accepting each day as it comes is big-time good advice. Advice that I'm not all that good at following, either. Also, I like the idea of journaling every morning. Even just a line or two would probably be a lovely thing to look back on. Do you think it's something one would be more likely to do with a paper journal than with a blog?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!