Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Taking a break....or not

So, my plan for July is was to take a break from blogging. I think I am burnt out from trying to write even when I am not really inspired to do so and it shows. So this morning I decided rather than try to write I would catch up on a few of my favorite blogs.

My first stop was My Purple Dreams. Violet is participating in the Blog Everyday Challenge and of course, her post for Day 1 caught my eye:

 Day 1: The story of your life in 250 words or less (or one paragraph... no one will be counting your words... probably)

 This prompt tickled my fancy so I clicked over to have a look at the other prompts. It looks promising. BUT, I really don't think I am up to another full month of writing daily. After all I just finished NaBloPoMo for June and I did NOT do well at all. Writing everyday is hard, and it's even harder when you aren't feeling any inspiration. And that is how I write, I have to be inspired or the words just do not flow.

I am not going to let myself get drawn into another challenge I can't complete. But I think I will take a stab at a few of the prompts from this challenge that interest me. So, be on the look out! And thanks to Violet for providing me with some new inspiration! I hope you will click over and check out her blog and follow her progress throughout the month! :)


Don't forget to sow some love into your day!

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, Tamara. I tried the Wordcount Blogathon - another 'blog every day' and was fine until the 17th. Then I missed a day. Posted a day. And after that it was intermittent for the rest of the month. If I miss a day, I've had it! But I'll definitely be checking back to see what else you have for us from time to time this month. It's good to take a rest, though. Hope you feel refuelled soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan,
      Exactly! If I miss a day it is all down hill from there! And I have a real bad habit of over extending myself so I am trying to be mindful of that. So I will be trying to let myself rest and only post when I feel that spark! :-)

      Delete
  2. We all need bloggy breaks once in a while.... I'm starting this project strong, and have a few posts ready to go ahead of time, but the prompts get tougher later on, so we'll see how well things go! Thanks for the link-up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, I love linking up to your blog! :)
      I actually spent this morning drafting some blog posts based on some of the Blog Everyday prompts. We will see how it goes!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!