Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday Thoughts

It's late and I'm really tired. It's been a good weekend, nice and quiet. Spent my time napping, reading, swimming, watching TV with the hubby, and (of course) working on a scrapbook for a friend.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to write about tonight. I prayed, seeking some divine inspiration, some spiritual light to guide me. A little later, when I was feeding my Facebook addiction, I saw this:




Of course, my first thought was my marriage and how these words apply to me. Kind of an "oh, that's the truth!" moment. And it is the truth. But maybe, just maybe there is a deeper truth.

You hear it said all the time, God is love. And love really is about hanging on, even when the road is rough, even when you don't understand. When bad things happen and people ask "Why?" I don't have the answer. I don't know why. But I do know that God loves us. He truly does. I don't understand, sometimes I get discouraged or even angry. Sometimes I ask "WHY?". And yet, He never let's go of my hand. He loves me, imperfect, shallow and weak child that I am. So, no matter what happens, no matter how confusing life is or how unclear the path before me becomes I am going to hold on to His hand. I am going to trust Him and let His unending love be my guide. 

_______________________


I don't know if that was divine inspiration of sleep deprivation, I will let you decide. I'm going to bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!