Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's day Mr. Snozzlbogin!

I want to wish a Happy Father's day to my dad, Rupert Wesley Archimedes Snozzlbogin (not his real name, click here for more info on that!). This morning I called him and asked for permission to post some pictures of him here. I had to ask because he is not a fan of the internet and would rather not have his face plastered all over it. (All I can really say to that is I am glad he doesn't have a Facebook account!) Surprisingly he gave his blessing. (He will probably regret it!) 

I am pretty sure that even though he said I could share some pictures he wouldn't want me to tell you too much about him (weird internet phobia again!) I will tell you this, he is a great dad. He and my mom divorced when I was 5 and my mom and I moved from Virginia to Texas. A move like that is hard, the distance makes regular contact almost impossible to maintain. He did. Every summer and every other Christmas like clockwork I boarded a plane and flew from Texas to Maryland (and later South Carolina) to be absorbed into my other family. I was always greeted with a hug, always loved and cared for, always provided for. 

Divorce can bring out the worst in adults, it can create an atmosphere of blame and ill will that leaves the kids caught in the middle. I never experienced that. Both my parents protected me, never casting blame. That is an incredible gift. One I am beyond grateful for.

These days Dad is semi retired and lives back in his home state of West Virginia. That's not ideal for me and my sisters since I am in Texas and they are South Carolina. But it works for him, so what's a girl to do?!? OH! I know, she posts some awesome pictures of him on the internet!! :)


Here we have me and My dad enjoying the paper together
I imagine "we" are watching a football game.
He sleeps like the dead, a trait I have inherited!
Love the sideburns, circa 1970 something!
Family portrait with my step mom and sisters
The t-shirt says it all!
Showing off his best side!
With his mom, my Mama Mac

At the adoption of my niece and nephew, along with my beautiful baby sister
He and my BIL took the nephew for his first flight. Dad has always loved planes!

Papa time! She must be telling him a great story
great profile shot!


So, Happy Father's Day, Dad! Thanks for everything! I love you.







2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!