Tuesday, May 7, 2013

More Comfort Food!!


Tuesday, May 7, 2013
NaBloPoMo asks: What makes you reach for comfort food?

Emotional eating is a huge problem for me and the comfort that I get from food is temporary. As a diabetic the negative effects of emotional eating are much more long term. My problem is when I am emotional I am living in that moment, not thinking about how this will affect my blood sugar in 30 minutes, much less how it will effect my health in 10 years. Diabetes is sneaky that way, it creeps up on you when you are not paying attention. You know you have it, you know what needs to be done. But doing it day in and day out, year after year is hard, so much harder than you realize when you are first diagnosed.

Ugh. Just thinking about that makes me want something to eat. See my problem?




4 comments:

  1. I am in touch with that feeling. It is really hard to pass up tempting food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I have terrible willpower. I do fine when I can structure my meals (like packing my lunch for work) but I am terrible about snacking at home! :(

      Delete
  2. I hear you, Tamara, and I'm right there with you. Not with the diabetes thing, but definitely with the 'eat now, pay later' thing. My problem is I'm a snacker who thinks she's a '3 meals a day' type. Consequently, I snack around my 3 meals a day. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!