Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thirty Days of Truth: Day 4

Day 04. Something you have to forgive someone for.

See, here is my problem. I am too forgiving. It takes a lot to make me hold a grudge. My husband actually gets mad at me for this character flaw, because I tend to let people walk all over me. I often joke that I wake up in a new world everyday. Yesterday's anger and hurt are a vague memory. Even deep hurts don't last too long, a few weeks, maybe a month, and I am ready to move on.

However, there is one thing you can do that will make it very easy for me to hold a grudge. Hurt someone I love. There are a few people in this world who have found themselves on my grudge list over the years. People who should have protected the children in their care, who should have seen and understood the hurt that they were causing. A life long hurt, a hardening of tender hearts. Lord help me, this is something I may never be able to forgive. I understand I should, but at this moment the best I can do is to put it away.

I don't play with my anger, I don't savor it. I do try to move beyond it, to leave it packed away in the closet of my mind. But I also can't quite let it go. Because I see first hand the long term damage that had been done to someone I care deeply for. And I see that the person who inflicted that damage has no remorse for their actions. How can I forgive when they can't even see what they have done?

Okay, that's enough of that! I will get myself all worked up and ready for battle if we stay on this subject!!

In other news, my dad is safely home from the hospital and doing well. I spoke to him last night and he sounded like his old self. :)

Don't forget to check out my Thursday Thankfulness post today. I warn you it is a bit controversial and it may offend some folks. But it's important to take a stand some times, to speak up and be heard. You never know who might here your voice and be forever changed.

On that note I will leave you to decide if you want to click the link. I hope you do. Regardless, have a great day! Go be a blessing to the world around you!


2 comments:

  1. Well I wouldn't say that's a character flaw! I'd say it's a virtue. :) I wish I were more forgiving.

    And I agree with you. I have a hard time forgiving those that abuse the ones in their care, or those whom I love. I guess we have to remember that we're the ones who get hurt the most that way.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a flaw when it causes you to make the same poor choices over and over again. Something I have definitely done! But you are right, it is also a virtue. There just needs to be a better balance in my life, so I am not constantly being taken advantage of.

      Thanks for stopping by and for providing the link up!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!