Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday thoughts and some pictures

So it's Sunday and I really should be fixing dinner, folding clothes, washing my hair, and about 100 other things. But I don't wanna! I don't wanna be a grown up and prepare for the week to come. Why did I have to grow up? Where was Peter Pan when I needed him?

Okay, I am done whining...I think. But before I go be a responsible(ish) adult I wanted to share some of the thoughts and images that touched my heart this week:

"Don't worry about what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" ~Howard Thurman


My sweet Pakita, asleep with Eeyore
"God is in the business of extremes, all constant, all faithful, all good, all powerful...all the time!"

flower from my hanging baskets on the porch, so pretty
"Love is cute when it's new. 
But love is most beautiful when it lasts."
(love this one because it makes me think of my sweet husband. We met and I fell head over heels at age 11, which means I have loved him for 30 years.)

me and my hubby, he isn't one for pictures.
"It's hard work, being the only tenuous connection someone has to God." ~Cecily Kellogg

One of my favorite views in all the world. The cross at my church.


Okay, that's all for today. I gotta go do grown up stuff. :-(  God bless and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!