Saturday, September 29, 2012

It's raining

It is raining here today. We need the rain, and I love the sound of it on the roof of our little home. It has been another tough week here. James' thumb is healing slowly, but surely. We went to see the doctor and he changed the antibiotics, which helped tremendously.

Thursday I began to notice that I have a sore on my arm. By that evening I found 2 more and decided they must be ringworm's (new kittens will get you every time). Then Friday morning I woke up itching and burning all over, with a lovely red rash prominently displayed on my neck. Well, I am not one to suffer itching in silence, so back to the doctor I went. 

My doctor is a very kind, very patient man. After listening to me ramble on for a while about my panic attacks and anxiety, and examining my neck and arm, he gently informed me that I am a walking fungal infection. Apparently I have 2 strikes against me here.
  • I am a diabetic, and that can (and has in the past) make me more susceptible to fungal infections.
  • Little known fact, at least to me, panic attacks can make you more susceptible to fungal infections.
To which I can only shake my head and laugh. 

At least laughter is good medicine for the soul.......


And so are the prescription meds he prescribed for me. Now, if they would start working, that would be even better.

So, what does this post have to do with my faith? Because that is what this blog is supposed to be about, right? I have this one thing, no matter what God is still God. Whether I feel it or I don't, he is still the same. Unchanging. Always reaching out for me. Always loving, always forgiving. Always God.

That is the best medicine for my soul ever.



And here we have Maggie May, the furry monster who gave me ringworm, and her faithful friend Boo-Boo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!