Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Little Things



I have had this little nugget on my heart for several days now. From the moment I read it I had to ask myself, am I really willing to do the little things? Am I willing to do whatever God has called me to do, even the most menial of tasks? And am I willing to forgo the credit? To give the recognition to Him and Him alone?

 It's a big question. I hope that the answer is "Yes". At this moment it is. This moment, when I am giving conscious thought to the question. My hope is that the answer will still be yes when there is not time for thought, only for action. What will my answer be then?


Lord,
 I pray that I will be ready to answer your call and willing to do whatever you ask, even the smallest of tasks. I pray that my heart and mind will be ready. But I am human Lord and my will is weak. Walk with me through this day and direct my steps. Keep my mind open to the opportunities to share your love with this world. Keep my heart soft to the call of your children. Let your love work in me.
Amen.

8 comments:

  1. I echo the same prayer for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely post and prayer. I had to read it a few times tonight, as I needed to say a prayer to center myself. It was a very hard day at the office, and it looks like it will be like this for quite some time. I know with him, I will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you will be fine! A few months back my bosses turned my world upside down. Things were terrible. My job changed, my hours changed, and they took away all my playmates/coworkers (people I have worked with for the last dozen years or so). I wasn't sure how I was going to adjust, I was so hurt and angry. God got me through it though and I know He will do the same for you Winnie. Just keep praying and looking for the answer. I will be praying too. :)

      Delete
  3. That is a wonderful prayer. And yes to be able to listen and say yes - to little things, to scary things and to mundane things.
    Blessings,
    I am following you from Friday Favorites.
    Janis www.janiscox.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janis! Thanks for stopping by. I am glad you enjoyed the prayer, it is definitely something I need to remember. God Bless you and yours!

      Delete
  4. Ready to do whatever he asks... Oh how I pray the same...to listen and say yes!
    Love this!
    Thank you for stopping by my site as well.
    To answer your question on what I use for pictures, check out picmonkey.com
    I will leave an email to your comment on my page if you have further questions.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your help with the pictures Beth! I went to the site and it is exactly what I needed. :)

      God Bless and have a beautiful day!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!