Monday, December 17, 2012

Setting (and meeting) goals

So, the last few weeks I have been sharing with you my "to do" list as a tool to motivate me to not procrastinate. So far, I think it's working.

that's me....
So here is last week's list:
  1. Work on cross stitch.
  2. Get back to my journaling. 
  3. Prepare Christmas cards and gifts for work Christmas Party on Friday.
  4. Spend more time in prayer
  5. accept my Liebster.

Well,  I can cross #3 and #5 off my list. Cards and gifts are done and handed out, and I spent all last week talking about the Liebster. I did work a little on my cross stitch and my journaling, though not as much as I wanted to. I even spent more time in prayer, though again, not as much as I need to. So those will stay on my list. 

This week's list looks like this:
  1. Spend more time in prayer.
  2. Work on cross stitch.
  3. spend time on journaling. 
  4. plan a dinner with old friends.
It's a short list, I know. But I think it's manageable, and that is the most important thing. 

On another note, As we head off into what promises to be a busy week, Please keep the community of Newtown, Ct in  your thoughts and prayers. You can find a list of the victim's names here. My hope is that we can flood the world with their names so that their names are the ones remembered, not the shooter's.

Have a beautiful and blessed Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tamara! Congratulations on getting things done. Being geographically close to Newtown, they are never far from my thoughts, as the surrounding communities are doing what they can. My sister lives closer and while she does not know anyone directly affected, so many of her co-wortkers are either friends with family members or knew the teachers or principal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart breaks for everyone connected to Newtown. I pray that God can move through this tragedy and bring the families and community peace.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!