Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Sarah!!!!

Image source
Happy Birthday to my beautiful niece Sarah! Today's post is dedicated to you. I'm kind of sad about this, to be honest. Your birthday reminds me of how little we know about each other. You are 12 years old today. And I don't think we have shared more than 12 whole sentences between us in your whole life.

Did you know I have a picture hanging in my home of you as a toddler hugging a pooh bear? I love that picture (and not just because I love Winnie the Pooh). I love the sweetness of it, and the fact that you look so much like your mom at that age!

I remember when I got the news of your birth, how excited I was.

I haven't been able to be a real part of your life, due to life's crazy twists and turns. But I have tried to keep up with you and your brother as you have grown. I hope you know that I love you. Even though I barely know you, I do. That's the neat thing about being family. The heart loves, even without the mind's direct knowledge. It just loves.

So, as you go about your day today, accepting birthday wishes and eating cake (please tell me there will be cake???) remember that there is someone far away in a tiny town in Texas who is thinking of you, praying for you, wishing you a beautiful day, and most of all, loving you.

Happy Birthday beautiful!

Image source
P.S. I see from your FB page that you are a Dr. Who fan. I love Dr. Who too!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my rambles. I would love it if you leave me a comment! Comments make my heart smile!